1. Surveillance camera, Closed-circuit television – CCTV
Being a specialized device for area monitoring, using video cameras to transmit signals to a specific place, and at the same time helping users observe the area through images and sounds.
In addition, when CCTV connects to devices such as phones, tablets, PCs, users can know the situation in that area 24/24.
2. Basic types of camera
Currently, camera has many different models and designs but can be distinguished through 10 basic camera types as follows:
- Dome camera
- Bullet camera
- C-Mount camera
- Day/Night camera
- PTZ camera
- Discreet camera
- Infrared camera
- Camera Analog (AHD, HD-CVI, HD-TVI camera)
- Camera IP
- Camera wifi (wireless camera)
3. Choosing the suitable camera for each environment
Usually there are 3 environments: indoor environment, outdoor environment, extreme enviroment. The standard for camera protection is denoted by IP. Some standards are:
- IP65 standard: The camera when installed outdoors is completely protected against dust. Besides, the camera is resistant to water being sprayed from all directions.
- IP66 standard: The camera when installed outdoors is still well protected against dust, ensuring good operation in dusty environments. CCTV cameras are still well protected if completely submerged.
- IP67 standard: The camera when installed outdoors has good dust resistance, works effectively in dusty environments. At the same time, the camera is still protected and works when immersed in water to a depth of 1m.
4. Determining the area to be monitored, observed, object distance
- Because of the diverse nature of each area, you need to choose to buy the corresponding type of CCTV camera for the most accurate monitoring. What needs to be paid attention to is the distance from the camera to the tracked object to achieve good visibility.
- If your area needs to monitor license plates, record activities, and meticulous work of employees, you should choose a camera that provides the highest quality and sharpest images.
- If you want to observe people entering the door in a large area, you should choose a wide-angle camera, mounted on high position to record the whole scene.
- If you want to choose a camera to monitor a small area in the house or in front of the lobby, just use a low-cost camera, enough to see the image.
- If you choose a camera for a large area such as a company, factory, supermarket, etc. to manage and monitor work, you need to choose a quality camera. High-cost cameras will ensure sharp images and more advanced features.